Live event rigger
Installing the infrastructure for the scenic, lighting, sound and audiovisual elements of a live event.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Apprentices must be 18 years old and physically fit.
Candidates will usually have:
- at least 3 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) in maths, English and science
- basic IT skills
- What apprentices will learn
- general health and safety
- identifying and minimising hazards and risks
- selecting, using, storing and maintaining equipment, tools and materials
- planning and organisational work methods
- rigging skills and techniques
- reading and interpreting designs
- working at height
- team working and communication
Apprentices will complete a level 2 assessment for the Professional Lighting and Sound Association's (PLASA) National Rigging Certificate
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email email@example.com with details.