Assisting other dental health professionals, providing chair side support and a high level of patient care.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
- What apprentices will learn
- oral anatomy and physiology, respiratory and circulatory systems
- how infectious diseases are transmitted and prevented
- dental materials, equipment and resources
- how to deal with medical emergencies
- legislative compliance and regulatory requirements
- clinical skills
- health promotion
- patient care and management
Apprentices will achieve a qualification that has been approved by the General Dental Council (GDC) as meeting the requirements for entry to the professional register.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
On completion, apprentices can register with the GDC as a qualified dental nurse.