Creating aircraft components and equipment, specialising in a specific engineering discipline (for example - airframe, design and stress, systems integration, support engineering or manufacturing engineering).
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 48 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
- academic qualifications of 240 UCAS points or above at A level standard (or equivalent)
- must include maths plus at least 1 other science, technology or engineering subject
- 5 GCSEs at grades A to C, including maths, English and double science (or an equivalent qualification)
- What apprentices will learn
- engineering process and practices
- regulatory and quality requirements
- analytical methods (engineering mathematics)
- aeronautical sciences
- material sciences
- business improvement techniques
- technical skills that can be applied in a range of aerospace disciplines
Apprentices will achieve:
- level 2 aerospace and aviation (foundation competence)
- level 4 engineering and manufacture (development competence)
- level 5 aerospace engineering (development technical knowledge)
- employer stipulated level 6 Bachelor Honours degree (BEng) Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
Completion of the apprenticeship is designed to be recognised by the relevant professional engineering institutions at the appropriate level of professional registration (IEng).
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.