Investment operations specialist
Carrying out investment transactions on behalf of individuals or organisations.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
- What apprentices will learn
- the structure of the financial services industry, the purpose of markets and the process of investing
- financial sector regulation and compliance
- technical, investment and settlement characteristics of the main investment products
- IT skills, systems and processes needed to carry out their role
- client service and relationships
Apprentices will take one of the following qualifications, chosen by the employer:
- Investment Operations Certificate, Certificate in Investment Management, Investment Advice Diploma, Managing Operation Risk in Financial Institutions (Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment)
- Investment Management Certificate (Chartered Financial Analyst Institute)
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
Completion of the one of the qualifications listed above will enable apprentices to apply to the relevant professional organization.