Property maintenance operative
Ensuring that buildings are in a safe working condition.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have maths and English at level 1.
- What apprentices will learn
- health and safety compliance
- working safely at heights
- carrying out repairs to a building
- maintaining plumbing and drainage systems
- maintaining electrical distribution in a building
- maintaining plant, safety systems and equipment
- energy, environment and sustainability practices
- maintaining the outside of a building
- using specialist tools and equipment to carry out repairs
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will have associate membership of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) during their apprenticeship.
End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
|City and Guilds||0844 543 email@example.com|
|Leicester College||0116 224 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|NOCN||0114 227 email@example.com|
|Pearson Education Limited||07786 firstname.lastname@example.org|