Operating equipment at nuclear facilities such as power plants.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £15,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
Specific requirements will depend on whether the apprentice does a decommissioning or process operative role. General training will include:
- machinery performance monitoring
- operating equipment safely in a nuclear environment
- assembling and dismantling equipment
- how to interpret technical information
- problem solving techniques
- apprentices must have achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G) before taking their end-point assessment. They must also have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices with suitable experience will be eligible for associate membership of the Nuclear Institute.
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.