Community Activator Coach
Planning, leading and coaching physical activities for people of all ages in the community.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- planning and adapting sessions and activities
- coaching or leading pre-planned sport or physical activity sessions
- working with sports clubs and other community organisations
- supporting customers to produce volunteering opportunities
- helping families to participate together in sport and physical activity
- apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this before taking the end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to join the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) at Associate Membership level.
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.