Engineering Construction Pipefitter
Designing, installing and maintaining piping systems on construction sites or commercial fabrication facilities.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 42 months
- Current funding band
Up to £21,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Candidates will have at least 3 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English, maths and a science or technology-based subject.
- What apprentices will learn
- safe working practises and procedures
- work with a wide range of materials
- shape pipework components using hand and power tools
- assemble and install pipework
- test and inspect installed pipework
- level 3 diploma in installing engineering construction plant and systems
- apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this before taking the end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to join the Engineering Council as a registered engineering technician after completing their apprenticeship.
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email email@example.com with details.