Using, designing and repairing equipment for taking measurements.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £24,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- understanding measurement units and applications
- identifying measurement needs
- how to measure accurately and what can cause uncertain results
- mathematical techniques, including statistics, data analysis and measurement calculations
- relevant regulations
- using measuring instruments
Apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices who complete this apprenticeship will be eligible to apply for registration as an Engineering Technician and Science Technician.
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.