Building Services Engineering Installer
Installing large-scale environmental system components for heating and cooling industrial and commercial buildings.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Candidates will usually have:
- achieved grade C or above in at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), including English, maths and level 1 information communications technology
- What apprentices will learn
- understanding building services engineering principles, including force and pressure, heat and power, materials, electricity and measurement
- understanding the planning, installation, testing and de-commissioning of building services
- using environmental systems, including compressed air, heating and water
- installing environmental systems components, including assembling and fixing controls, heat emitters, and pressure and storage vessels
- communications, including presentation, written and verbal skills
- health and safety practices and procedures relating to a building services environment
None specified. Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- achieve level 1 information communications technology (equivalent to GCSE at grades D to G)
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.