Advanced credit controller / debt collection specialist
Managing credit and collecting debt for businesses and other organisations.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade A* to C (or equivalent), including English and maths.
- What apprentices will learn
- principles and techniques of credit control and debt management
- understanding of the law and regulations specific to their role, and of professional standards
- in-depth knowledge of their organisation's customers
- understanding of their organisation's products and services
- negotiating and decision making
- managing relationships, identifying and meeting customers' needs
- specialist skills: credit risk, advanced collections or enforcement and recovery
Apprentices can achieve 1 of these qualifications:
- diploma in credit management from the Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM)
- diploma in debt collection from the CICM
- diploma for the debt collection industry from the CICM
- certificate in consumer debt collection from Institute of Financial Services (IFS)
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices can apply for professional membership of the CICM or IFS.