Customer service practitioner
Providing customer service products and services for businesses and other organisations including face-to-face, telephone, digital and written contact and communications.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £4,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- customer service principles and practices - including customer experience and feedback, internal and external customers, needs and priorities, targets and goals and right first time
- business principles and practices - including brand promise, core values, complaints process, internal policies and legislation and regulatory requirements
- customer service skills - including building rapport and trust, conflict management and influencing and reinforcement techniques
- communications - including interpersonal, tone of voice and verbal and non-verbal communications
- presentation - including dressing appropriately and using positive and confident language
- using customer service tools and resources - including those used to meet customer needs and measure, monitor and evaluate customer service levels
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be able to join the Institute of Customer Service as an individual member at professional level.
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number NCFE/CACHE 0191 239 8000 firstname.lastname@example.org Active IQ 01480 467950 Sarah@activeiq.co.uk Skillsfirst Assess 0121 270 5100 email@example.com Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 firstname.lastname@example.org Training Qualifications UK 03333 583 344 email@example.com City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 firstname.lastname@example.org NOCN 0114 227 0500 email@example.com Occupational Awards Limited 01235 432 032 Info@oawards.co.uk Pearson Education Limited 07711 390 910 firstname.lastname@example.org BIIAB 01276 684449 email@example.com Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 firstname.lastname@example.org iCQ 07984 201555 email@example.com VTCT 023 8068 4500 firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.