Lead adult care worker
Leading frontline care for vulnerable adults within their own homes, day care centres, residential and nursing homes and other healthcare settings.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £3,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates must undertake a recognised enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
- What apprentices will learn
- adult care practices, principles and standards - including care planning, duty of care, professional boundaries and individual dignity and respect
- supporting individual physical and mental well-being to help people live as independently as possible - including individual control and choice and person centred care
- safeguarding - including addressing personal rights and safety, dealing with abuse, comments and complaints and whistleblowing
- leadership and team management - including monitoring and reviewing care plans and encouraging others to comply with regulations, policies and procedures
- communication skills - including advocacy, confidentiality and verbal, non-verbal and written communication
- health and safety practices and standards within a care environment - including dealing with accidents, fire safety, hazardous substances and infection control
- level 3 diploma in health and social care (adults) for England (QCF)
- the Care Certificate
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number GP Strategies Assessment Services 0161 429 2460 EMoran@gpstrategies.com iCQ 07984 201555 email@example.com NOCN 0114 227 0500 firstname.lastname@example.org NCFE/CACHE 0191 240 8950 email@example.com Pearson Education Limited 07711 390 910 firstname.lastname@example.org Vista Training 0843 289 6351 email@example.com City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 firstname.lastname@example.org Skillsfirst Assess 0121 270 5100 email@example.com Training Qualifications UK 03333 583 344 firstname.lastname@example.org Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 email@example.com Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 firstname.lastname@example.org The Education and Care Qualification Network 02038244091 Reece@ecqn.co.uk
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.