Supply chain warehouse operative
Carrying out a range of moving, packaging and stock-taking roles and duties in a warehouse environment.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £3,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- warehouse practices and processes - including deliveries, dispatch, maintaining records, moving stock, packing and storing goods
- using warehouse equipment, machinery and vehicles - including mechanical racking systems and materials handling equipment (MHE) such as forklifts and pallet trucks
- using basic IT - including barcoding, data capture, radio and warehousing management software and systems
- communicating effectively with colleagues, customers, third party carriers and other organisations
- health and safety practices, procedures and regulations within a warehouse environment - including safe driving and operating techniques and working safely at heights
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Pearson Education Limited 07711 390 910 firstname.lastname@example.org Occupational Awards Limited 01235 432 032 Info@oawards.co.uk Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 email@example.com GP Strategies Assessment Services 0162 429 2460 EMoran@gpstrategies.com
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.