Helping take products from design to manufacture, ensuring that they are launched on time, at cost and to the right quality.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 60 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have:
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) including maths, English and a science, technology or engineering related subject
- A levels at grade C or above in a maths-based subject and a science, technology, engineering or another maths-related subject (or 90+ credits in an engineering BTEC at level 3)
- What apprentices will learn
- producing parts using hand fitting, fabrication and joining techniques
- producing drawings using a computer aided design (CAD) system
- preparing and using general and specialist machines and equipment
- preparing and providing computer numeric control programmes (programmes that control machinery)
- using computer software packages to help with engineering activities
- producing assemblies using a wide range of materials and techniques
- engineering project management, securing resources and managing budgets
- implementing, monitoring and evaluating engineering processes
Apprentices will achieve a BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) in Engineering.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
The apprenticeship has been designed to meet the professional standards of the Engineering Council (EngC) for initial registration as an engineering technician (Eng Tech) in partnership with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email email@example.com with details.