HM Forces serviceperson (public services)
Carrying out a range of roles from general warfare to humanitarian tasks in the Army, Navy, RAF or Royal Marines.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Due to the demanding nature of roles within the HM Forces, there are a number of entryrestrictions relating to age, nationality, residency, gender, medical and physical fitness.
- What apprentices will learn
- public service procedures, customs, traditions and ethics
- the rules of engagement and law of armed conflict
- taking action in emergencies and unanticipated situations
- using, managing and maintaining specialist military equipment, consumables and weapons
- using communication and navigation systems - including using maps, charts and other devices
- first aid for minor and major injuries
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email email@example.com with details.