Electrical / electronic technical support engineer
Supporting the manufacturing of new products by bringing the product to life and resolving manufacturing problems.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 60 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have:
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) including maths, English and a science, technology or engineering related subject
- A levels at grade C or above in a maths-based subject and a science, technology, engineering or another maths-related subject (or 90+ credits in an engineering BTEC at level 3)
- What apprentices will learn
- producing parts using hand fitting techniques
- producing electrical or electronic drawings using a computer aided design (CAD) system
- preparing and using general and specialist machines and equipment
- wiring and testing electrical equipment, and maintaining electrical equipment and systems
- assembling and testing electronic circuits
- producing engineering plans
- engineering project management and working with engineering specifications and briefs
- electrical/electronic product manufacturing and testing
- academic knowledge from an engineering degree
Apprentices will achieve a BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) in Engineering.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
The apprenticeship has been designed to meet the professional standards of the Engineering Council (EngC) for initial registration as an engineering technician (Eng Tech) in partnership with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.