Equine: Racehorse Care and Management
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £3,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Assistant Yard Manager
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Diploma in Work Based Racehorse Care and Management
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Award in Business Management for the Environment and Land-based Sector
- Award in The Principles of Horse Care
- Certificate in the Principles of Horse Care and Management
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.