This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Activity Supervisor(e.g. Climbing Wall Supervisor)
- Assistant and trainee variations
- Group Leader / Counsellor
- Head of Activity
- Outdoor Instructor
- Project Leader
- Senior Instructor
- Team Leader / Supervisor
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Outdoor Programmes
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Award in Skills and Activities for Sport and Active Leisure (Outdoor Education)
- BTEC Certificate in Sailing and Watersports
- BTEC Diploma in Sailing and Watersports
- Certificate in Coaching Wakeboarding
- Certificate in Coaching Water Skiing
- Certificate in Skills and Activities for Sport and Active Leisure (Outdoor Education)
- Diploma in Skills and Activities for Sport and Active Leisure (Outdoor Education)
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.