Activity Leadership: Exercise and Fitness
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Activity Leader
- Fitness Instructor
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Award in Exercise and Fitness Instruction
- Award in Increasing Participation in Sport and Active Leisure in Community Settings
- Award in Instructing Boot Camp Fitness Training
- Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport
- Certificate in Coaching Weight Lifting
- Certificate in Delivering Behaviour Management and Physical Activities to Children Under 5
- Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Water Based Exercise)
- Certificate in Fitness Instruction and Self-Development in Active Leisure
- Certificate in Fitness Walking
- Certificate in Increasing Participation in Sport and Active Leisure in Community Settings
- Certificate in Instructing Circuit Training Sessions
- Certificate in Instructing Group Indoor Cycling Sessions
- Certificate in Instructing Parkour/Freerunning Fitness Training
- Certificate in Instructing Pre-designed Exercise Sessions
- Certificate in Leading Health-Related Activity Sessions
- Diploma in Active Leisure
- Diploma in Active Leisure for Exercise Professionals
- Diploma in Exercise, Health and Fitness Studies
- Diploma in Health and Fitness
- Diploma in Health, Fitness, and Exercise Instruction
- Diploma in Increasing Participation in Sport and Active Leisure in Community Settings
- Diploma in Promoting Health and Wellness
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.